ABOUT YOUSUF TUSHAR
Tushar is recognized as one of the leading freelance documentary photographers in Dhaka Bangladesh. Photography is his profession, passion, hobby, and love & life. After his graduation from Dhaka University, he took photography seriously and since 2000 he has been working as a full-time professional photographer. His main interest and focus on photography are Human rights issues, Environment, People and Travel photography. His dedication to photography to make excellent works, artistic skills and constant seek of beauty, good attitude towards instructions, working capacity, good social and interpersonal skills, teaching, organizing and international award-winning made him one of the best photographers in Bangladesh.
He is regularly supplying imagery and undertaking commissions from worldwide many large and prestigious organizations, NGOs, newspapers, magazines, photo agencies, industries & business clients.
His images were published in The Times UK, The Telegraph, The Guardian, The Washington Post, Forbes magazine, BBC, National Geographic, Daily Mail, Sunday Post, Express UK, The Sun, The Atlantic, USA Today, NPR, Huffington Post, Financial Times and Renowned International News Agencies.
- Diploma in photography from Begart Institute of Photography.
- Diploma in Photojournalism from Bangladesh Photojournalist Association.
- Basic Course on Photography from Bangladesh Photographic Society.
- Photographic course on Photojournalism: Method and Techniques from
National Institute of Mass Communication.
- Seven workshops on photographic different parts.
His photographs exhibited at different international photo exhibitions in Asia, Europe &USA.
He has owned more than hundred photographic awards from National & International Photo Competitions.
Some of his Important Awards:
- One of the Top Ten Global Prize Winners of the Photography 4 Humanity Global Contest 2021 organized by United Nations Human Rights. USA.
- Grand Award, The Best Photo of New York Manhattan photo contest 2018.
- Asia Pacific Regional Award CBRE Urban Photographer of The Year 2018.
- Silver Award on Press General News category from PX3 “The Prix de la Photographie, Paris” 2018.
- Top ten international photographers in Europe, America & Asia Award from China Jinan international photography Biennial 2018.
- CGAP Micro Finance photography Contest award 2015 & 2012 organized World Bank USA.
- Honorable Mention from The Siena International Photography Award 2017, Italy.
- Gold Medal and Silver Medal in Travel Category from Olympic Photo Circuit, Greece, 2014.
- FIAP Silver Medal, 2nd Prize (Travel category) from Emirates Photography Competition 2013.
- First Prize from United Nations IYC 2012 Singapore Program Photo Contest
- Five times Gold Medal winner from International Photographic Salon of
Japan the Asahi Shimbun Photo Competition JAPAN 2008, 2010, 2012, 2014 & 2018.
- Four times including 1st Prizewinner from Celebrating Life Photographic
Award-2008, 2010, 2011,2013 organized by the Daily Star, Bangladesh.
- Documentary Photo Award Winner of 6th & 7th Humanity Photo Award
Organized by UNESCO & HPA, China. 2009 & 2011.
- Honorable Mention Award from 6th Emirate Photo Competition 2011
- Merit Prize from Yonhap International Press Photo Awards 2011, Korea
- People & Planet photo award 2014 & 2011 Australia.
- 1st Prize and Special Prize from Photography Contest National Tree Plantation Campaign and Tree Fair – 2015, organized by Bangladesh Forest Department, Supported by: USAID
- Best photographer Award by Television Reporter Association of Bangladesh(TRAB)
- He has Achieved Hon. FBPS, Fellowship of Bangladesh Bangladesh Photographic Society.
- Guest Professor of Shandong University of Art & Design, China.
- Secretary-General of Bangladesh Photographic Society (BPS).
- Liaison Officer for Bangladesh, The International Federation of Photographic Art ( FIAP ).
- Assistant Secretary-General of Silk Road Photographic Organization International Alliance.
- Photographic Society of America (PSA).
- Life member of the International Freelance Photographers Organization (IFPO) USA.
- Life Member Bangladesh Photographic Society.
- Dhaka Union of Journalist (DUJ)
- Getty Images USA.
- Age Photo Stock, Germany.
- Solent News & Photo Agency UK.
- GNS Press-European News Agency
- Bengali, Hindi and English,
- Fluently speaking, reading and writing on English.
- Photo captions, keywords or tag words and Metadata expert.
Yusuf Tushar uses the following photographic equipment:
- Canon 1DX Mark II
- Canon EOS 1DX
- Canon EOS 5D IV
- Fuji Film X-Pro1
- PC: Apple iMac 27 inches.
- Laptop: Mac book pro 13 inches for instant field work
- EF 35mm f/1.4L II USM
- EF 85MM f1.2II USM
- EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM
- EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM
- EF 100mm f/2.8L IS II USM
- EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II
- FUJINON LENS XF18mmF2
- FUJINON LENS XF35mmF1.4
- Global Fund, Switzerland
- WHO, TDR
- UN, UN Women
- Novartis, Switzerland
- Sight Savers, UK
- IREX, UK
- GAIN, Switzerland
- Respons Ability, Switzerland
- BBC, London
- Forbes Magazine, USA
- Walls Street Journal, USA
- Louis Vuitton, Paris
- The Report Company, UK
- Canadian High Commission, BD
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs, BD
- Grameen Phone
- The City Bank
- Sanofi Aventis
- National Bank
- Benchmark PR
- Windmill Advertising
- Help Line Resources
- Asiatic Marketing